The third step of level design. Some interactable objects were added to the level. They are: inventory objects (items which can be picked up), movers, carriers and immovable interactable objects.
Many of these objects don’t have meshes at this time (placeholders are used), but for some of them I’ve developed 3D models.
Placed in the level they look quite satisfactorily (from a far distance of course).
Later I’ll be compiling the scene once again, because of totally crappy lighting and unwanted gloss. And yes, I found a way to make some parts of the scene brighter or darker.
The second step of designing the level. At first, some smaller rocks were added. They don’t look nice in themselves:
But a propper texture, a nice illumination and a suitable environment made them look pretty good, at least for now. Then, some foliage was added to the level. They are some ivy branches, which I’ve made recently:
This foliage doesn’t look good too, especially the leaves, but I think it’s okay for now. Finally, these simple things made the level look live. But water is still no good – I think I’ll just use one of my old shaders to keep the haemorhoid away. On the next step, gameplay elements are going to be added.
How it looks all together:
And the perspective:
Here’s the first step of development of the level «The Cave». Water, rocks and sand were added. Next, some detailes, such are small rocks, stones and foliage are going to be added to the level.
How it looks:
How it should look:
Finally, a complex test of gameplay. Testing on a simple level with pre-made character (amphibian) and inventory objects (pickups), aslo pre-set camera, location triggers and a linked scripted events.